Rogate is on the Rise!
Rogate CE Primary School has out-performed the majority of schools across the country in Maths and SPaG!
We have cause to celebrate here at Rogate as our KS2 SATs results show that we have performed above the national average in both Maths and SPaG (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar). This has also meant that we have a higher than average Combined pass rate!
In writing we missed national average by just 4% and in Reading, we missed by 6%. We have put strategies in place this year to ensure the continuing improvement in Maths and to improve the attainment across the school in Writing and Reading.
What are we doing?
- We have introduced the Ruth Miskin phonics scheme 'Read, Write, Ink' to ensure that all pupils are able to recognise and blend sounds, decode for reading and encode for writing.
- We have introduced Accelerated Reader-an online Reading Scheme which has proven success in re-engaging pupils with reading and also gives staff accurate data on level at which pupils can comprehend.
- The staff have undertaken training to improve the delivery of reading and writing across the curriculum.
- We have ensured that every topic has a WOW event to inspire the writing of the pupils.
- We are introducing More Able groups for Maths, Reading and Writing to extend those pupils who are working at a more advanced level in these areas.
- We are aiming to produce a more literature rich environment through displays and word banks.
With the data being such an improvement on last years and so many positive changes happening all over the school, we are certain that Rogate is on the Rise! Pupils from Sika's Class told Ms O'Toole "We are so much more proud of our work and the school. It is a fun place to be and we are all supported-like a big Rogate family."