At Rogate CE Primary School, we strive to make our curriculum engaging, broad, balanced and relevant in order to ensure that our pupils are excited to learn and prepared for life in the 21st century.
We involve the children in their learning before the beginning of a topic using our 'Success Boards' which ask the pupils 'What?' do you want to learn, 'Why?' do you want to learn it, 'How?' will you learn and how will you know you have achieved 'Success?' This allows the pupils to see the big picture of the topic and to make connections between subjects.
We provide 'Wow' opportunities regularly in the form of trips, visitors and engaging classroom based activities, in order to keep children inspired throughout their time here with us. We have recently re-written the Curriculum Map and have included topics designed to excite pupils, staff and parents.
Key Curriculum Priorities
- Ensure full curriculum coverage which allows pupils to achieve ARE
- Develop pride in work (handwriting, presentation, etc)
- Provide creative approaches to Teaching and Learning
- Develop life skills
- Ensure we involve the local environment/community
- Ensure children read for pleasure
- Develop confident writers
- Ensure that pupils are able to access ICT for a variety of purposes
- Ensure children are literate, numerate and develop emotional literacy/intelligence
If you would like any further information about our curriculum, please contact the school office and request a meeting with Ms O'Toole.